Computational Mechanics Engineer
Zuru Tech is digitalizing the construction process of buildings all around the world. We have a multi-national team developing the world’s first digital building fabrication platform: you design it, we build it! In our disruptive offices in Modena and Milan we’re developing a BIM software meant for both the general public and architects with the power to design and manufacture any type of building. By mixing Unreal Engine’s real time rendering with the best structural simulation algorithms and state-of-the-art automated manufacturing processes we grant our users complete creative freedom and an astonishing RTX-powered graphical fidelity.
Responsibility & activities:
We are creating a state of the art Structural Analysis Software using both FEM and Macro-elements solving linear and nonlinear solid mechanics problems both for static and dynamic configurations. In this context, we’re looking for an experienced masonry macro-elements computational mechanics engineer who can be part of a team of software developers and work back to back with our SAP software team.
- Degree in Engineering (structures, aerospace, mechanics, naval, etc) or degree in Mathematics or Physics
- experience implementing nonlinear solid mechanics solvers (in any language)
- experience in seismic engineering research and analysis or equivalent experience in aerospace/vehicle engineering
- Ability to read a research paper of solid mechanics and derive from there a working practical software implementation
- good knowledge of at least one programming language among Python, C#, even better if C++
- Proficient in English, spoken and written
Nice to have:
- Knowledge in software engineering principles (like algorithms, data structures, test-driven development, design patterns, etc…)
- Experience in macro-models for masonry simulations
- A Phd in numerical methods applied to solid mechanics or Macro-models will be considered as a big plus
- good ability to relate to people of different cultures (we have offices in three different continents) and lead meetings and presentations
- Team working spirit
- Passion for research and analysis
- Great problem solving
Commitment & Contract
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Yearly salary review
- EUR 100/month in meal vouchers
- Paid relocation: apartment in Modena for 3 months
Modena + remote work-from-home policy for all employees (hybrid remote with flexible policy).
The current situation hasn’t stopped our hiring and onboarding. Until the Coronavirus is over, we’ll rely on remote or in-house onboarding for all new roles, depending on your preferences. However, all interviews and assessments will take place online.
The research is addressed to both sexes (Legislative Decree No. 198/2006) and to people of all ages and all nationalities, pursuant to legislative decrees 215/03 and 216/03. Candidates interested and in possession of the requirements are invited to send their curriculum vitae, including the authorization to process personal data, pursuant to Legislative Decree 196/03 and to the art. 13 GDPR 679/16.
occasional parties and drinks
team buildings in the nature
traditional and videogames